Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Back from the NICU

We're back from the NICU for the night, and Dylan continues his encouraging growth.


Tonight, he weighed in at 4 lbs, 9 oz or 2060g. Of course, not long after that, he unloaed the biggest pile of poop I've ever seen him let loose with. And guess whos turn it was to change his diaper?


Yep- mine. Not only did he have a dirty diaper when we opened it up, but as I was changing it, he decided to fill up the new one I had underneath him. And then, just when I thought it was safe to put the third diaper on him, he unloaded some more. I'm not going to speculate which of us he inherited this trait from.


There's not much else new going on right now. Tomorrow morning I'll be going up to see Dylan during the time that the docs make their rounds. I'll be speaking with Dyalns doc to get the latest info from the neuro consult regarding the brain issue and what sort of prognosis we are looking at. Of course, it's all just specualtion, at best, but at least with the neuro consult, we can have something of a better idea what to expect.


Anyway, that's all for now.


I thought I would leave you all with a collection of photos of some of Dylan's favorite nurses...







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Mommy looks the happiest with me...I'm just saying.....

Unknown said...

Alicia is wrong, it's all a facade. Both Dylan and Barbara love me the most! :D